Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Weekend activities

Good weekend - started by working from home Friday, and managing to squeeze a 40 min ride on the trainer in the middle of the day, followed by skating in the evening.
Saturday was to be a big day in the saddle - I drove down to the Pickering go to meet up with Sean Van D. & his friends that had caught the train out of Toronto.  We rolled from the parking lot at 8am - cold, as we headed north it got colder. By the time we hit Hwy 7 a few of the folks had freezing body parts so we headed back south.
Sean picked up the pace here - him on a 29r (as were the rest of the guys) and me on the cross.
It was (for me) a 100% effort to keep up with him - and I did get dropped just before the train station. Good effort, my body needs a workout like that.  You (me) spend so much time on the trainer - thinking your fit, then you get outside and start climbing on roads, and then you remember how difficult it is.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/65631969
So only a 35k ride, but this allowed me to go for an XC ski with Heather (and her first time out on the new skiis.).  Good time, very sunny in the afternoon and much warmer than the morning. 6k at Vivian forest
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/65689267 
I also managed to get out for another ski yesterday, 1 short skate ski loop (I must take lessons) then a real hammer fest with Mark & Carmen at Dagmar
http://connect.garmin.com/player/66042188

Joyride tonight and maybe a run after.

No comments:

Post a Comment