Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thursday updates

Winter has set in - in a nice way, not uncomfortably cold, five or six inches of snow on the ground - the thaw last week did not melt all the snow in Durham forest, and there has been more since that time - so it is not all that ridable. This has been, however the best winter of training to date for me. The weight is staying down, I am getting a ride or run in almost everyday, and the cardio feels great. This is the ride from Tuesday with Carmen

View Larger Map
40k - and it included a 2k slog through the snow.  Really cool route - made even cooler by all the snow - 4" fell while we were out, making visibility a challenge at times.  Overall this was a really great adventure, heading south for 20k on snowcovered dirt roads, trying to keep the speed down as you descended into, well you could not see more than 15-20 feet in front of you.  I don't think we saw more than 15 cars either - I really enjoyed this route and will get out there again soon.
This ride on Tuesday followed 3 consecutive days at Joyride - did I mention bunny hop?  I am getting the rear wheel off the ground now, but still look (and feel) awkward doing it.

One more thing I want to mention.
I was fortunate enough to take part in a wonder full New Years eve celebration.  18 of us went out for a forest hike, followed by snowmen, campfire, chili, and a birthday cake!  Fun times, really great people.

Back to Joyride tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment