Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Bonking!

I bonked on Sunday - didn't even realize it was coming on.

I headed out of the house in a rush, on my way to a DMBA meeting in Uxbridge. No time for breakfast - no worries, suck back 200 Calories of "Recoverite", head to the meeting devouring a powerbar on the way. A few hours later the meeting finishes, try to buy some food (no luck - cash only - no problem, still have another powerbar in the car, it's now 1pm and I am heading out with a group for an XC ski. Ski goes well, hmm feeling hungry, get home, at 3.30 - my better half says ...Groceries!  Quick change of cloths and...bonk in the grocery store, lethargic, cold and ready to fall asleep. Make it out of the store, get home, make a sandwich, fight to stay awake, so tired, fall asleep, wake up after a couple hours, every muscle feels completely drained - and here I am two days later still feeling it, paying the price for not ensuring
1 - I kept my body fueled
and
2- not re-fueling with the right stuff within the optimum window for recovery.
Long explanation, but it is what it is. I haven't felt this depleted in a long time.

So this past weekend I ran 8k on Friday, Joyride on Sat. and 10k XC ski on Sunday.
Yesterday's activities were snowshoveling and house cleaning.

Tonight? Hmmm - I can't find anyone to do an XC ski, or outside ride so...Joyride on the way home from work for an hour, then either go for a run or get on the trainer.
btw...it's now been 15 days of no beer, wine, or any alcohol....borrring!

1 comment:

  1. well done on the no beer, wine or alcohol...you are stronger willed than I.....I'll be honest....I'm a little afraid at how much of a beast you may becoming..

    ReplyDelete