Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Epic Faceplant at Joyride, and a Feb. spring ride

First I'l speak about the epic facepant - The night was going well - too well, I landed two new transfers, was taking many drops, balance was great.  My fall came in a spot that, well isn't really that difficult, see below for the "dramatic recreation"

Really, not a tough section to make, by this point I have cleared the 6" wide ledge drop-in and the log section



Well, I was off balance - bike went oneway, I put my hands out to grab the platform, and didn't quite make it. Ouch - taste the blood in the mouth, feeling like the nose is broken, thinking I am going to need some dental work.  Fortunately only blood, no missing teeth - the chips in my mouth appear to be from the wood platform.
Anyways two days later and the mouth is feeling much better, swelling on the chin has gone down.

I also have some nice arm scrapes


That was Thursday.  Yesterday (which looked way different than today) was beautiful - I took the afternoon off and got in an 80k+ ride - up past Ravenshoe. Very cool Very Windy.  So good to feel the warmth of the sun.
This was in Mt. Albert.


Ride details here

2 comments:

  1. Good to see the "old Tommy" is still hiding in that biafrin looking frame of yours heheheheh...did you scream like a YETI???? Speedy recovery man

    ReplyDelete