Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Red Rock Country

I was in Utah last week...spent a few days hiking around Zion Canyon with Heather, my wife.
Before we got there...a quick stop in St. George Utah and a look at this beautiful building, the LDS temple...very very white - had no plans to go see it...but the way it stuck out against the blue sky...very impressive.


Then it was off to Springdale, Zion, and the Virgin river.
This is, in my opinion one of the most beautiful places.  The whole southwest is beautiful, but this place tops it all



While I was down there...staying in Springdale..I was only about 25k away from one of my favorite places to ride....Gooseberry Mesa

Yes, that is a Turner Sultan 29r with the DW link.  How did it perform?  I loved it...very very well.  The 120 mil fork made it a very tall ride, causing me to be concerned with how it would perform.  No issues.  I have ridden this trail a couple times before, the most recent time was 3 years ago on a Yeti 575 with a fox 130.  This bike - for me, was better suited.  Those big wheels, in combination with the front travel sailed over almost everything.

Finally, one last photo...this Adobe house on the banks of the Virgin river...too cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment